Schneider Electric Wins 2019 Climate Leadership Award for Organizational Leadership
- Award recognizes the company’s success in reducing emissions and the engagement of employees, partners and supply chain to commit to carbon neutrality.
- Schneider Electric reduced energy intensity by 42 percent between 2005 and 2017, and carbon intensity by 35 percent between 2012 and 2017.
BOSTON, Mass., March 22, 2019 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has been acknowledged for its overall commitment to carbon neutrality at the 2019 Climate Leadership Awards. The Organizational Leadership award not only recognizes the company’s own comprehensive greenhouse gas inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals, but also its internal response and engagement of its employees, partners, and supply chain to commit to carbon neutrality.
Schneider Electric is committed to reducing emissions and actively works towards making its operations more sustainable. To make this possible, the levers of action are three-fold:
- Energy productivity: Participation in the Climate Group’s global EP100 initiative that brings together a growing group of energy-smart companies committed to using energy more productively, to lower greenhouse gas emissions and accelerate a clean economy.
- Renewable electricity: As a member of the RE100 initiative, Schneider Electric is one of the world’s most influential companies committed to 100 percent renewable power.
- Green Premium integrated offers: By 2020, Schneider Electric is committed to achieving 75 percent of the Company’s global sales under its Green Premium program.
The actions Schneider Electric has taken to achieve its aggressive goals have already yielded significant results. According to the company’s Planet & Society Barometer, which is audited by a third party, Schneider Electric reduced energy intensity by 42 percent between 2005 and 2017, and carbon intensity by 35 percent between 2012 and 2017.
“We, at Schneider Electric, are thrilled to be recognized for our climate leadership and achievements in reducing greenhouse gases,” said Kevin Self, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Business Development, & Government Relations for Schneider Electric North America. “We challenge ourselves and our network to rethink the future to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
covering economic growth, social inclusion, and environmental protection. We quantify how much CO2 and primary resources we help our customers to save, and we track success on a quarterly basis. We enable other companies to adopt Science Based Targets, while growing profitability along the way. We are grateful to the Climate Leadership Award jury and the organizers of the event for highlighting important work on emissions reductions.”
The Climate Leadership Awards is a national awards program hosted by the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry that recognizes and incentivizes exemplary corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in response to climate change. Since 2012, the program has honored more than 150 recipients from diverse sectors across the U.S.
A full list of the award recipients is available here: www.climateleadershipconference.org/clc_awards
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. www.schneider-electric.us