Subaru of America, Inc. Continues Longstanding Sponsorship of 2016 Philadelphia Flower Show
CHERRY HILL, N.J ., February 4, 2016 /3BL Media/ – Subaru of America, Inc. is honored to celebrate its 15th consecutive year as the premier sponsor of the Philadelphia Flower Show. This year’s theme, “Explore America: 100 Years of the National Park Service,” will captivate attendees who are familiar with national parks and also provides an opportunity to engage a new crowd to let them discover the beauty, history and variety of horticulture the parks have to offer. Produced by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS), the show runs from March 5 through March 13 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
“At Subaru, we are committed to improving the environment and also the lives of those in the local communities where we live and work and so we are proud to continue our relationship with Philadelphia Flower Show for yet another year,” said Alan Bethke, vice president of marketing, Subaru of America, Inc. “We are very excited for this year’s theme as it brings together two of our longstanding partnerships to celebrate the beauty and history of America’s National Parks.”
As Subaru takes steps to further demonstrate a commitment to the environment and expand their National Park Foundation partnership, Subaru has become the official automotive partner of the National Park Service Centennial. In addition, in conjunction with the National Park Service and the National Parks Conservation Association, Subaru will leverage their environmental expertise to work toward the goal of making these iconic places zero landfill.
This year Subaru has crafted two distinctive displays that each combine Yosemite National Park’s iconic points of interest with native flowers and ideal Subaru vehicles that are the perfect companion for hiking, camping and visiting the national park.
- The Concourse Exhibit will transport attendees to camping at the Yosemite landmark and will feature a Yosemite Falls structure enhanced with native flowers, as well as the Subaru Impreza.
- The Main Exhibit will feature a replica of Yosemite’s famous Sequoia tree where attendees will be able to enter the Sequoia and learn about Subaru’s commitment to National Parks. The display will also include beautiful meadow flowers that are found in Yosemite, alongside the Subaru Outback.
Subaru will also sponsor the following Philadelphia Flower Show exhibit and events:
- The Gardener’s Studio will feature the Subaru Forester, which will be covered in a one-of-a-kind National Parks-themed artwork commissioned by local Yosemite artist, Penny Otwell. The exhibit will illustrate Subaru’s zero landfill efforts and help to inspire visitors to help eliminate waste in national parks. Throughout this exhibit, attendees will be able to learn more about the Subaru Loves the Earth initiative and zero landfill efforts.
- On ‘Subaru Day’ Monday, March 7, Subaru owners can show their vehicle key to gain access to the PHS Members Lounge.
- On ‘Fido Friday’ March 11, at 6 p.m., attendees are encouraged to bring their pets along to the show to experience the Subaru Bark Park; pets can explore the park in search of treats, camp out in dog tents and pet parents will receive a complementary dog tag for their pet.
For Philadelphia Flower Show times and ticket sales, visit: http://theflowershow.com/show-info.
For information on Subaru’s environmental initiatives, visit: http://www.subaru.com/environment.
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered at a zero-landfill office in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 620 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit media.subaru.com.
Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc.