Subaru of America, Inc. Sponsors 2015 Philadelphia Flower Show for the 14th Consecutive Year
CHERRY HILL, NJ, February 25, 2015 /3BL Media/ – Subaru of America, Inc. is proud to mark its 14th year as a sponsor of the Philadelphia Flower Show produced by the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS). The show runs from February 28 through March 8, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. This year’s theme, “Celebrate the Movies,” is one which is sure to please attendees who are looking for a ‘technicolor’ break from the snowy, gray skies.
“We are proud to have such a long history with the Philadelphia Flower Show; it’s such a natural fit with our owners who love gardening and the environment,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. “Our relationship with PHS reflects our corporate goals to improve the environment and the lives of those in the local communities where we live and work.”
To celebrate its 14th anniversary as a sponsor, Subaru has designed two unique movie-inspired displays that mix the beauty of flowers in their natural surroundings with the perfect vehicles in which to transport potting soil, seedlings and other gardening must-haves.
- The Concourse Exhibit has a Hollywood tie-in with the Disney movie “Winnie the Pooh” and features the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek. A Bee expert from Greensgrow Farms will be on-site daily to explain the importance of bees and preserving their environment. Flowers that bees love are featured along with a “selfie” area for guests to take pictures with the fun “Hunny” fountain.
- For the Main Exhibit, “Film Takes Flight,” Subaru collaborated with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology which has the world’s largest scientific collection of wildlife recordings. The Lab’s Macaulay Library provides nature, animal and bird sounds to the movie industry. Visitors will learn how to attract migrating birds to their backyard and learn to make bird feeders and nesting houses. The Subaru Outback will be featured in this exhibit.
Subaru will also sponsor the following Philadelphia Flower Show exhibit and events:
- Gardeners can gather alongside the 2015 Subaru Forester at the Gardener’s Studio. Here, visitors will learn about the Subaru Love Promise and Subaru Loves the Earth initiatives, and catch up on the latest gardening trends. Visitors will also learn new DIY projects including how to naturalize their back yard to help preserve the earth’s resources along with garden educational seminars throughout the week.
- Subaru sponsored Dining Out For Life will be on-hand with actress, New York Times best-selling author, community activist, philanthropist and Dining Out spokesperson Pam Grier who will co-host LGBT Night on Sunday, March 1st.
- The ASPCA joins Subaru on “Fido Friday,” March 6th. Subaru will provide complimentary personalized dog tags to help dogs to be returned to their home if lost. The ASPCA will provide information on how to keep dogs safe in the garden and in cold weather.
New this year at all three exhibits, Subaru will donate $1 to the National Park Foundation, up to $10,000, for all visitors who are interested in learning more about Subaru and its environmental mission. This $1 donation will go to the preservation of the 405 national parks, monuments and historical sites throughout the country.
For times and ticket sales, visit: http://theflowershow.com/show-info
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered at a zero-landfill office in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit media.subaru.com.