Sustainable Brands Allures Global Brand Innovation Leaders to San Diego Conference
San Francisco, June 1, 2015 /3BL Media/ – Sustainable Brands® largest community gathering kicks off today with Sustainable Brands ’15 San Diego at Paradise Point Resort & Spa. Nearly 2,500 community members from 30 countries around the globe are participating in the conference, Activation Hub and live stream. This year’s theme, How Now, focuses on how brands are translating environmental and social purpose into business and brand value for business success.
Presented by BASF this year, the event features over 190 influential brand leaders and practitioners of environmental and social innovation sparking conversation and debate on topics such as creating conditions for effective sustainability-driven leadership, influencing societal demand and behavior in favor of more sustainable consumption norms, effective circular and sharing economy business models, how to utilize cities as partners and customers for new sustainable solutions and more. Several companies making announcements or launching news from the conference include:
- ISEAL Alliance announces The Challenge the Label tool. It pulls out the universal truths and key learnings on credible sustainability messages and claims on products and B2B communications about the sustainability of a product or service. The tool helps company buyers understand what questions to ask their partners before they develop or accept a claim about sustainability on a product or from a supplier.
- WhiteWave Foods announces a partnership agreement to issue a joint report on the progress of the US food industry across 3 pillars: environmental sustainability, nutrition and wellness, corporate transparency.
- Panera Bread shares its progress in removing a host of what the company deems ‘unacceptable’ ingredients. Panera has committed to remove artificial additives and published a No No List of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and preservatives that the Company has eliminated or intends to remove from its U.S. Panera Bread and St. Louis Bread food menus by the end of 2016.
- Tronie Foundation. This Washington-based non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of human trafficking and slavery announces the availability of a new tool, the Freedom Seal. A first of its kind, this visual marker communicates to consumers that due diligence mechanisms are in place to prevent forced labor and human trafficking.
- Sustainable Brands announces new additions to its global conference network. Cape Town, South Africa and Sydney, Australia will launch in the spring of 2016. Exact dates and locations are to be announced.
- CSRHub launches results from their latest study on the correlation between sustainability and brand strength.
- Whirlpool releases results from the world’s first retrofitted, live-in research, positive-impact home.
- PwC announces a new section in Huffington Post entitled, What’s Working: Purpose + Profit. The new section is the first-of-its-kind news forum that will highlight cutting edge organizations and inspiring leaders who are finding sustainable solutions to many of the world's toughest issues.
- GOODCorps unveils phase one of its three-part research that explores “goodness” in brands. The insights point to the humanization of brands and explore “goodness” as a loyalty driver.
The Activation Hub at SB’15 San Diego
Hosted by BASF, the Activation Hub is designed to cultivate conversation and debate around a series of topics that mirror topmost initiatives in the full conference program. More than 100 interactive sessions take place in the Activation Hub this year and knowledgeable experts from organizations such as Edelman, PwC, WeSpire, CVS Health, AHA!, JetBlue, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), thinkstep, MSLGROUP, Canon, Waste Management, The Nature Conservancy, UL Information & Insights, iCompli, Dix & Eaton, Sealed Air Corporation, The Sustainability Consortium and others participate by sharing their innovations and ideas.
The Activation Hub is open Monday evening from 6:30pm – 8:00pm; Tuesday, June 2nd and Wednesday, June 3th from 12:30pm until 8:00pm. Thursday, June 5th from noon until 2pm. Onsite registration is available during these times and includes admission to conference breakout sessions in the Supply Chain and Procurement track on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.
Free Conference Live Stream
Hosted by CVS Health, Sustainable Brands offers free access to 3 full days of live stream broadcast from the conference for those unable to attend. After registering, live stream viewers receive access to the live simulcast of conference plenary sessions beginning Monday evening. Interested viewers can learn more and register at www.SB15sd.com.
SB’15 San Diego and the Activation Hub are presented by BASF. Gold level sponsors include Citizen Group, Target, JetBlue, MSLGROUP, PwC, Edelman, WeSpire and Waste Management. High level supporting media partners include Guardian Sustainable Business, GOOD and FORTUNE. For a list of attendees and a complete list of sponsors and speakers, please visit the conference website at www.SB15sd.com. Tickets for both the conference and Activation Hub are still available and can be purchased onsite at Paradise Point Resort & Spa in San Diego.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.