T. Rowe Price Offers Engaging Activities for Parents and Kids at Home With Its Money Confident Kids Program
March 31, 2020 /3BL Media/ - T. Rowe Price offers fun and informative in-home learning with its Money Confident Kids® program. Parents and educators looking for instructive online resources to support learning while many schools are closed amid the coronavirus pandemic can take advantage of the program’s activities, which include:
- Learn how to build a budget
- Play the Spend & Save Wisely Game
- Create and spend your own currency
- Play the Heads or Tails Savings Game
- Connect with grandparents and learn about inflation by filling out this chart on what different items cost when their family members were children
- Demonstrate how inflation works with this activity
- Complete the Costly Crossword Puzzle of Inflation
- Make investment decisions by matching savings goals with investment strategies using the Three Little Piggybanks
- Play the Risk Management Decision Game
Money Confident Kids is a free, five-step program that explains the concepts of goal setting, decision-making, money and inflation, asset allocation, and diversification. Parents can tackle one step each day and even quiz kids at the end of each section to test what kids have just learned.
“Nearly everyone can benefit from learning more about financial education, but it’s especially important for kids to start early building their financial literacy skills,” says David Malone, a program manager in Corporate Responsibility at T. Rowe Price. “We understand it can be a little intimidating, but that’s why we developed the Money Confident Kids program, which helps parents and teachers teach basic financial concepts in a fun and approachable way. The program has easy-to-follow lesson plans and activities to help guide parents in teaching their kids to be more money confident.”
ABOUT T. ROWE PRICE
Founded in 1937, Baltimore-based T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (troweprice.com) is a global investment management organization with $1.15 trillion in assets under management as of February 29, 2020. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The company also offers a variety of sophisticated investment planning and guidance tools. T. Rowe Price's disciplined, risk-aware investment approach focuses on diversification, style consistency, and fundamental research. For more information, visit troweprice.com or our Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook sites.
T. Rowe Price