UNFCU Foundation Accepting Grant Applications in June 2021 for 2022 Support
LONG ISLAND CITY, N.Y., May 24, 2021 /3BL Media/ – The UNFCU Foundation today announced that it is accepting grant applications until 30 June 2021 for funding requests up to $50,000. Eligible causes must align with the US-based non-profit’s mission to sustain paths out of poverty for women and youth.
“We are thrilled to be able to once again support grant partners to do critical work toward our goal of ending poverty, particularly after this past year. The pandemic further exacerbated socio-economic disparities facing vulnerable women and youth in global communities. We want to partner with organizations directly on the frontlines of addressing these issues,” said Yma Gordon-Reid, the executive director of UNFCU Foundation. “Our aim is to support impactful healthcare, education, and livelihood programs that enable women and youth to lift themselves from poverty. We look forward to collaborating with effective partners to create opportunities for women and families to rebuild and to flourish.”
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
UNFCU Foundation will prioritize applications for projects that will benefit women and youth in:
- United States locations: New York City; Washington, DC; Virginia; Maryland
All grant application causes must align with selection criteria:
- Support of the Foundation's mission
- Strong track record over at least a three‑year period or an extended pilot period
- Projects should be sustainable and have access to additional support
- Ability to track the impact of the project or organization through reporting of results
- Direct impact to women and children in need, with long-term benefits
UNFCU Foundation does not provide grants to the following:
- Private individuals
- Projects without measurable goals and impacts
- Political campaigns or candidates
- Religious, fraternal, or professional sports organizations
- Documentaries, performing arts groups, or productions
- Organizations without the tax-exempt status stated in the grant application guidelines and form
- Undergraduate scholarships, personal needs, or operational expenses / existing deficits
For more information on eligibility, frequently asked questions, and to apply, organizations are encouraged to visit the UNFCU Foundation website, unfcufoundation.org. Entities from designated regions must be either US-based 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, international organizations with a US-based 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor, or United Nations or UN-affiliated agencies.
About the UNFCU Foundation
UNFCU Foundation is an accredited New York-based, non-profit corporation launched in 2015. It was established by the United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU) with a mission to sustain the path out of poverty through healthcare and education for women and youth. To learn more, follow UNFCU Foundation's progress on YouTube, on Twitter at @UNFCUFoundation, and on Facebook at facebook.com/unfcufoundation.