Wells Fargo Donates an Additional $1.5 Million to California Wildfire Relief Efforts
SAN FRANCISCO, November 19, 2018 /3BL Media/ - Today, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) announced a donation of $1.5 million to aid in the ongoing recovery and relief efforts resulting from the devastating wildfires in California. Earlier this week, Wells Fargo announced a $250,000 donation to local organizations. Today’s donation increases Wells Fargo’s support to $1.75 million.
“As we watch the tragedy unfold in California, our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the wildfires,” said Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan. “We will continue to stand by our team members, customers and local communities for the relief and recovery efforts in the days to come.”
The donation will be distributed to multiple organizations in Northern and Southern California that are positioned to help with housing and disaster recovery, mental health assistance, firefighter and first responder support, small business recovery and community relief. In addition, a specific donation will be made to the Adventist Health emergency fund to provide direct assistance to 600 employees of Adventist Health Feather River Hospital who have lost their homes. Adventist Health is the largest employer in Paradise, Calif., which has been severely impacted by the Camp Fire.
Below is the full list of organizations receiving support:
- 3CORE, Inc. - $500,000
- Adventist Health - $50,000
- American Red Cross* - $100,000 in addition to $125,000 previously donated
- Boys and Girls Club of Malibu - $25,000
- California Community Foundation Wildfire Relief Fund - $125,000
- California Fire Foundation - $100,000
- LAFD Foundation - $75,000 in addition to $25,000 previously donated
- Salvation Army – Chico Corps - $100,000
- United Way of Northern California - $50,000 in addition to $50,000 previously donated
- Ventura County Community Development Corp - $100,000
- Ventura County Community Foundation - $25,000 in addition to $50,000 previously donated
- Women Economic Ventures (CDFI) - $250,000
In addition, Wells Fargo customers in California can support wildfire relief efforts by making donations to the American Red Cross through Wells Fargo ATMs. To date, almost $81,000 has been collected. Go Far Rewards customers also have donated more than $8,000 through their rewards accounts.
- Customers can go to any Wells Fargo ATM in California and select the option to donate. There is no fee, and 100 percent of contributions will be sent to the American Red Cross.
- Go Far Rewards customers can access their rewards account at GoFarRewards.wf.com or by calling the service center, 877-517-1358.
Customers who are experiencing hardship because of the wildfires can contact Wells Fargo Customer Support at the number on their credit card, debit card or statement to discuss their options. Affected customers can also contact their banker by visiting their nearest Wells Fargo bank branch.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,950 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 37 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 262,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2018 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
* The American Red Cross name, emblem and copyrighted materials are being used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.