Learn about our Company
ABOUT Sustainable Life Media
Pepsi Refresh Project Announces $1.3 million Gulf Coast Initiative
July 6, 2010 – The Pepsi Refresh Project, a $20 million initiative founded by Pepsi to fund people, businesses, and non-profits with good ideas that have a positive impact on local communities, has pledged $1.3 million toward a “Gulf States” edition of the project, doubling their initiative for the month of August.
At refresh everything.com, Pepsi asks users to submit their best ideas for creating positive change in their communities every month. Consumers can then vote on what projects they would like to see funded by Pepsi, with winners receiving between $5,000 and $250,000.
For the special Gulf edition of the project, submissions will be accepted on an abridged schedule, and will open on July 12 at noon EST. submissions close on July 16th at noon, or when Pepsi receives 1,000 ideas, whichever comes sooner. Public voting begins August 2nd, and winners will be announced one month later. Pepsi will award grants in increments of $5,000, $25,000, $50,000 and $250,000 to ideas that receive the greatest number of votes.
- Ideas may be submitted from all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia but must have a clear community benefit for communities in the Gulf region (states that are on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico including Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida);
- Ideas must be executable within 12 months;
- Ideas must intend to make a positive impact on communities affected by recent events in the Gulf;
- Pepsi Refresh Project Gulf initiative will not support ideas directly related to clean-up efforts and environmental impact;
- Ideas shall not pertain to seek financial reparation from the environmental tragedy or propose engineering or clean-up solutions;
- Previous Gulf-focused Pepsi Refresh Project submissions may be re-submitted if they meet above stated criteria.