Share our Story
Learn about our Company
CorporateRegister.com is a free global CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) resources website.
Our missionTo provide the global, central reference point for all CSR related information. The majority of our content is available free of charge as a service to the global stakeholder community. We will provide specialist tools for advanced users where we identify a need - some of these may be fee based.
Follow @CorpReg on Twitter for news and updates
ReportAlert.info - CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) Publishes Our Corporate Responsibility 2012
December 3, 2012 /3BL Media/ - CSL Limited has published its fourth Corporate Responsibility Report - Our Corporate Responsibility 2012 - available at www.csl.com.au/about/corporate-responsibility.htm
The report details CSL’s performance across key corporate responsibility priority areas for the period 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012. These priority areas include the Company’s research into new and improved medicines, ensuring the safety and quality of its broad portfolio of therapies, providing a positive and healthy work environment for employees, behaving responsibly in the global marketplace, providing charitable support for communities in need around the world and minimising the environmental impacts of its operations.
Highlights and statistics include:
- Recognition of sustainable development and leadership by the FTSE4Good Index Series in 2011 and 2012;
- Research and Development investment of A$355 million dollars, with more than 30 clinical studies in operation across its portfolio of specialty and haemophilia products, breakthrough medicines and immunoglobulin based therapies;
- The implementation of new and enhanced initiatives to strengthen governance of product safety and quality, and the closing out of the US Food and Drug Administration Warning Letter issued to CSL Biotherapies in 2011;
- Economic contribution direct to local economies of more than A$4.2 billion, including global community investment of A$35.4 million;
- A 2% growth in the total workforce and year-on-year reductions in recorded rates of lost time injury frequency and medical treatment injury frequency, including an 8% and 26% reduction from 2011, respectively;
- Modest increases across environmental indicators; however a 4% reduction in energy and water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions per unit of plasma production was achieved.
The CSL Group has a combined heritage of outstanding contribution to medicine and human health with more than 95 years experience in the development and manufacture of vaccines and plasma protein biotherapies. With major facilities in Australia, Germany, Switzerland and the USA, CSL has over 11,000 employees working in more than 25 countries.
Please provide feedback on CSL’s Report at: