Share our Story
Learn about our Company
CorporateRegister.com is a free global CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) resources website.
Our missionTo provide the global, central reference point for all CSR related information. The majority of our content is available free of charge as a service to the global stakeholder community. We will provide specialist tools for advanced users where we identify a need - some of these may be fee based.
Follow @CorpReg on Twitter for news and updates
ReportAlert.info - Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR) Publishes 2011 Sustainability Report
(3BL Media) August 21, 2012 - Global engineering and construction company Fluor Corporation has published its 2011 Sustainability Report: “Celebrate the Past. Serve the Future.” available online here. The report is released during Fluor’s Centennial anniversary year and highlights the sustainable principles that have been a part of the company’s culture throughout its history, even before sustainability was a common reference.
In addition to reporting company progress in key focus areas of Ethics & Compliance; Governance; Employees & Workplace; Health, Safety & Environment; and Community & Social Service, the 2011 report features a special section of former company leaders reflecting on the sustainable practices that have been a part of Fluor’s culture from the start, and how those underlying values will lead the company in the future. Looking back over their notable careers, these retirees recall examples of Fluor leading the way in sustainability before it was expected or required.
Notable 2011 sustainability accomplishments include:
- Being named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere magazine for the fifth year, one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE magazine and one of America’s Safest Companies by EHS Today magazine
- Continued leadership of the G20/B20 Task Force on Corruption and the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative
- Being recognized by Aon Hewitt as a top North American company for leaders
- Leading the BuildSafe South Africa Initiative to improve safety across the South African construction industry
- Reducing energy consumption by more than 13 million kilowatt-hours or 1.6 kilowatt-hours per square foot
- Contributing nearly $6.1 million and more than 38,600 employee volunteer hours to community organizations and educational initiatives in 17 countries
Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) designs, builds and maintains many of the world's most challenging and complex projects. Founded in 1912, the company was started by John Simon Fluor Sr. with a modest investment of $100. Since those humble beginnings, the company has grown into one of the largest engineering & construction companies in the world. Today, through its global network of offices on six continents, the company provides comprehensive capabilities and world-class expertise in engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and project management. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Fluor is a FORTUNE 200 company and had revenue of $23.4 billion in 2011. For more information, visit www.fluor100.com and www.fluor.com.