Share our Story
Learn about our Company
CorporateRegister.com is a free global CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) resources website.
Our missionTo provide the global, central reference point for all CSR related information. The majority of our content is available free of charge as a service to the global stakeholder community. We will provide specialist tools for advanced users where we identify a need - some of these may be fee based.
Follow @CorpReg on Twitter for news and updates
ReportAlert.info - Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) Publishes 2011 Social Responsibility Report
(3BL Media) June 6, 2012 - Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) has published its 2011 Social Responsibility Report, Promoting Ethics, People, Environment.
The report highlights the policies, objectives, performance and activities of Occidental and its subsidiaries in corporate governance, labor, human rights, economic development and health, environment and safety (HES) — areas the company regards as fundamental to maintaining and enhancing its reputation as a partner, employer and neighbor of choice.
Among the 2011 achievements featured in the report:
- Ranked No. 1 in the Mining, Crude-Oil Production category in Fortune magazine’s 2011 survey of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Global workforce expanded by more than 20 percent, including the addition of 8,800 workers in the U.S. — reflecting the company’s commitment to stimulate local economies through job creation
- Employee Injury and Illness Incidence Rate (IIR) of 0.37 was the second-best in Occidental’s history and far better than the 2010 all-U.S. industry IIR of 3.5
- Occidental Chemical Corporation’s plant in Geismar, Louisiana, is its 19th currently operated facility to achieve OSHA Star status as among the safest work sites in the U.S.
- Eight Occidental facilities in seven states have habitat enhancement programs certified by the Wildlife Habit Council
Executive Chairman Ray R. Irani and President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen I. Chazen said: “We believe that social responsibility is integral to the company’s continued profitable performance and to sustaining its global reputation as a respected producer of oil and gas and chemicals. Social responsibility is good for business, and at Oxy we make it everyone’s business.”
For more information about Occidental’s social responsibility program and to download the report, visit www.oxy.com/sr.