Share our Story
Get in Touch with Us
Learn about our Company
The Wisconsin Institute for Sustainable Technology at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point was founded to create a fresh approach to meet todays environmental and economic challenges. WIST is a multidisciplinary institute powered by the energy and expertise of faculty, staff and students across the UWSP campus.
SC Johnson, Ocean Spray Among Companies Presenting at Focal Point 2012
(3BL Media) August 9, 2012 - Household products maker SC Johnson, consumer goods and agricultural cooperative Ocean Spray Cranberries and small-engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton are among the companies set to address Focal Point 2012: Capitalizing on Sustainable Technology.
The conference, at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point on Oct. 10, will demonstrate how some leading companies are improving their bottom line by developing and adopting sustainable technologies in product development. Sessions will cover innovative use of raw materials, biofuels, sustainable construction, resource efficiency, and biocatalysis applications.
Focal Point 2012 is hosted by the Wisconsin Institute for Sustainable Technology (WIST). Executive Director Paul Fowler said the range of sectors represented at the conference illustrates the importance of embracing sustainable technologies.
“These speakers bring some of the best thinking currently on successfully incorporating sustainability practices,” Fowler said. “We’re looking forward to a stimulating day.”
Sessions run consecutively rather than concurrently so conference delegates don’t have to miss any of the presentations. Details and registration are online at http://www.uwsp.edu/wist/Pages/FocalPoint/Index.aspx
- Will Archer, Manager – Global Sustainability, S.C. Johnson and Son, Inc.
- Kevin Hansen, Technical Manager, ERCO, Inc.
- Andrew Held, Senior Director – Feedstock Development, Virent, Inc.
- John Mourand, Corporate Environmental and Sustainability Director, Briggs & Stratton
- Kelly Rooney, Director of Recycling, Veolia Environmental Services, Inc.
- John Ruiz, Director – Sustainable Energy Technology, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Tom Sweeney, Preconstruction, Findorff
- Jeff Williams, President, Lucigen
- Kristine Young, Sustainability Manager, Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.