1st Global Sustainability Report Details Progress of Ambitious Corporate Initiative
C&A announces the publication of its first Global Sustainability Report. The launch of the Report details C&A’s 2015 progress toward the 2020 goals, launched last year. The 2020 goals marked an ambitious new global sustainability commitment and strategic framework for C&A.
As Jeffrey Hogue, C&A’s Global Chief Sustainability Officer puts it, “In 2015, we focused on building strong governance and accountability to support our new sustainability strategy. Building sustainability into our business management system has been crucial to supporting our aspiration to create fashion with a positive impact.”
The Report is a key component in a comprehensive new framework of corporate responsibility, with goals and KPIs focusing on sustainable Products, Supply and Lives.
As detailed in the report, C&A made appreciable gains in sustainability in 2015. Highlights include:
- C&A was once again named the world’s largest user of organic cotton by the Textile Exchange, and increased the volume of more sustainable cotton used to 40%.
- C&A committed to using 100% Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified down in 2016.
- C&A conducted first complete measurements of C&A’s global carbon and water footprints, created a new Sustainable Chemicals Management team and strategy, and completed independent ZDHC (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals) audits at 52 key fabric mills.
- C&A played a leading role in establishing Action Collaboration and Transformation (ACT), a global initiative uniting stakeholders to address the issue of living wages in the textile and garment industry.
- C&A became a signatory to the UN Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, championing universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption through transparent reporting.
- C&A launched its first global engagement campaign Inspiring Women.The initiative asked employees “Who are the women who inspire you?” More than 23,000 employees participated.
In line with C&A’s drive for sustainability, the Global Sustainability Report will only be available online, on C&A’s new website c-a.com/sustainabilityreport2015, in both English and Portuguese. A shorter, summary version will also be available (pdf and printed), in English and Portuguese, as well as in Mandarin, Spanish and German.
Learn more in C&A’s first Global Sustainability Report on c-a.com/sustainabilityreport2015.
Corporate Communications C&A Europe
+49 (0) 211 9872 2749