Global Citizenship Strategy at HP
HP operates in more than 170 countries. We have long been a leader in global citizenship – it has been one of our seven corporate objectives since 1957. We fully embrace our social and environmental responsibilities, and we are committed to conducting our business in ways that positively impact society and the planet. Our Global Citizenship program covers a broad agenda, including governance, environment, and society.
During the coming decade, we intend to continue to focus on:
- Enhancing environmental sustainability across the product life cycle
- Building a leading human rights program
- Driving strong and sustained social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain
- Advancing an accountability approach to ensure respect for privacy
- Addressing global health and education issues through social innovation
Building on the size and scale of our company and our deep history in global citizenship, we are uniquely positioned to create these positive outcomes. Our approach to global citizenship includes:
- Technology HP’s innovative technology provides the foundation for many of our global citizenship initiatives.
- People Our 331,800 dedicated employees worldwide are committed to making a difference. Global citizenship improves our competitiveness and our ability to attract and retain the best people.
- Partnerships Our collaborative spirit creates powerful partnerships across institutions, industries, sectors, and borders. These improve our collective capability to address the serious challenges that the world faces.