KeyBank Joins Communities In Recognizing Juneteenth; Announces Donation To The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
From supporting events in markets to a KeyBank Foundation grant, KeyBank is joining families, individuals, and communities across the country this week to recognize Juneteenth as an important milestone in our country’s history.
“KeyBank proudly stands with our teammates and communities to honor the importance of Juneteenth,” said Greg Jones, KeyBank’s Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer. “We honor Juneteenth not only for one day, but as part of our steadfast commitment to advancing racial equity and social justice inside and outside the company. Juneteenth is an opportunity to celebrate African American freedom and achievements, while encouraging continuous self-reflection, self-development, and respect for all cultures."
Earlier this week, KeyBank announced to teammates that in honor of Juneteenth, the KeyBank Foundation has pledged $10,000 to The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. “We are incredibly proud to support its commitment and mission to advancing education and fostering a greater collective understanding of inclusive freedom,” Jones said.
In addition, KeyBank will support a number of events and celebrations this weekend across its markets. This includes:
· Buffalo, NY - June 19 – 20 Virtual Juneteenth Festival | Buffalo Juneteenth
· Indianapolis, IN - June 19 – Indy Juneteenth Celebration | Riverside Park | 2021 Indy Juneteenth Celebration
· Cleveland, OH – June 19 – Freedom Fest | Freedom Festival
· Dayton, OH - June 18 – 20 Juneteenth Celebration and Parade | Liberation Park
· Pittsburgh, PA – June 18 – 20 Juneteenth Festival | WPA Juneteenth