Make A Difference to Climate Change
“Clarivate is in a unique position to leverage the responsibility and opportunities we have as a leader in our industry, to positively impact climate change, one of the defining issues of our time.”
Patrick Simpson, Director of IP Maintenance – Make a Difference to Climate Change Executive Sponsor
We’ve kicked off our Make a Difference to Climate Change initiative to highlight our responsibility and seize opportunities - as a leader in our industry - to act now. We want to be part of the solution for climate change, today and for years to come. Our goal is to be a positive force to impact climate change - one of the defining issues of our time. We started with a group of 20 colleagues who were tasked with creating a plan to address two key priorities:
- Making an impact on scale: How can we power the ideas and innovations that will ultimately help solve the climate change problem, by using our position in the IP industry?
- Reducing our own footprint: Acknowledge that change starts within. By implementing actions that raise awareness and reduce our own consumption, we'll do our part to help positively impact climate change for years to come.
- Expanded global colleague participation for Make a Difference to Climate Change from 20 initial members to more than 1,600 and counting
- Began leveraging our unique position in the IP industry to help facilitate, enable and accelerate the intellectual output to help impact the issue of climate change
- Reduced our Jersey data center impact by 53.24% by upgrading our equipment to more efficient devices that consume less energy — we’re already saving 221.88 MWh per year
- Launch a Colleague Resource Group focused on the environment to advise, manage and maintain our robust action plan to address climate change and resource efficiency
- Establish a Green Academy to provide data and education around sustainability – created in partnership with our customers
- Initiate Green Incentives using our market coverage and strengths to offer customer incentives and rewards for green activities and IP development
- Leverage our Green Market/Green Data Lake because we know that science, innovation and collaboration hold the answers to impacting climate change
- Continue to connect the IP network – through our industry leadership, our access to data and our strong customer network – to provide valuable data to accelerate climate change solutions