Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington is Taking People from Poverty to Sustained Livelihood
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social service agency offering services in 21 counties and seven independent cities in northern and central Virginia that comprise the Diocese of Arlington. The mission of Catholic Charities is to serve the most vulnerable and poor of mind, body, and spirit by offering programs that help clients recognize their abilities, develop self-sufficiency, and maintain dignity. Regardless of faith, background, or circumstance, Catholic Charities helps ALL in need through a range of programs and services such as:
- Emergency financial assistance to help clients avoid eviction or loss of utilities;
- No-cost basic medical care at the Mother of Mercy Free Medical Clinics;
- Educational offerings in workforce development, U.S. Citizenship, and English;
- Adoption services include child placement and support for birthmothers and adoptive parents; Community reintegration that provides housing and mentoring for ex-offenders.
The need is truly great for supportive and safety-net services inside the Beltway and throughout Catholic Charities’ 6,500 square mile service area.
Working 365 days a year, Catholic Charities takes people from poverty to sustained livelihood so that they can more fully contribute to and participate in society. This year, Catholic Charities strives to:
- Distribute 1.25 million lbs of food,
- Provide basic medical care to over 2,000 uninsured patients,
- Equip 700 job seekers to support their families,
- Ensure 1,250 families can stay in their homes through emergency rent and utility assistance.
Each year, 120 professional staff members and more than 2,700 volunteers serve tens of thousands of individuals in need. The commitment to go where the help is needed is a critical aspect of Catholic Charities, and where your financial help is needed most.
Show Your Support through Workplace Giving
As a donor, you can support Catholic Charities by donating through your employer’s workplace giving program (CFC# 24770 if you're a military or federal employee participating in the Combined Federal Campaign). Payroll pledges made through employer-sponsored charitable giving programs represent a cost effective and near effortless way to support Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington and those we help. All gifts made to Catholic Charities stay with Catholic Charities to deliver services to those in need.
To learn more about Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington’s work, visit http://www.ccda.net.