Merck Named to Forbes’ List of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2020
Merck has been named to Forbes magazine’s America's Best Employers for Diversity 2020 list. In collaboration with analytics firm Statista, Forbes identified The Best Employers for Diversity through an independent survey of 60,000 U.S. employees working for companies employing more than 1,000 people in the United States.
"We are honored to be recognized by Forbes as a top employer for diversity,” says Celeste Warren, vice president, global diversity & inclusion, Merck. “At Merck, we strive for a workplace where all employees feel welcome, valued, heard and empowered to innovate, create and collaborate. Our global D&I strategy helps us break down barriers and unleash the powerful potential of our employees.”
The Forbes ranking is just one of many recent recognitions Merck has received that underscores the company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, including:
- The designation of Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. This is the 8th year in a row the company has earned 100% on the Index.
- Inclusion on Working Mother's Best Companies list. Merck has been on the list for over 30 years. The company is also included on the 2019 Best Companies for Dads list.
- Inclusion on the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index.
- Named a 2020 Military Friendly® Silver Employer for eleven consecutive years.
- Received a top score of 100% on the 2019 Disability Equality Index.
Learn more in Merck’s Corporate Responsibility Report.