Participating in a Cleaner World
UPS has created a strict set of offset guidelines with the goal of purchasing high quality projects that are both environmentally and socially responsible, maximizing the impact we are able to make.
These guidelines require the carbon offset program has:
- been certified by one or more third-party standard
- documentation regarding emissions reduction and monitoring
- proper registration to ensure the offset isn’t double counted
- avoided harming the environment in any way (such as by simply relocating emissions)
- created permanent jobs and regional improvement
Read the rest of the blog post on the upside blog.
UPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade; innovative delivery options for the global consumer market, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
blog.ups.com | facebook.com/ups | @UPS