United Launches Third Round of Miles on a Mission Campaign
Last fall, we announced the launch of Miles on a Mission, a first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform that gives MileagePlus® members a simple and easy way to donate miles to charitable organizations in need of air travel.
Since its debut, we launched two campaigns in 2019 that resulted in over 36 million miles being donated to various charitable organizations and our charity partners.
This year is no different! In 2020, we plan to launch four campaign windows throughout the year.
“We have five charitable organizations going live with their campaigns today, including our first international location, which is very exciting,” said Chief Community Engagement Officer and VP Sharon Grant. “Miles on a Mission is truly connecting us with organizations all over the world and we’re looking forward to carrying that momentum into 2020.”
Now through Feb. 12, the following charitable organizations are participating:
- Watts of Love: Goal of 725,000 miles to distribute to thousands of individuals who will travel to rural communities in developing nations. This is Watts of Love's second Miles on a Mission campaign.
- Veterans Community Project: Goal of 500,000 miles to help deploy Veterans Community Project nationwide to develop tiny house villages for homeless veterans. This is Veterans Community Project's second Miles on a Mission effort.
- Cerebral Palsy Soccer Inc.: Goal of 300,000 miles to be used to supplement air travel for players to participate in their first international tournament in Europe and for players to come and participate in the first Cerebral Palsy Soccer Youth Festival in New York this summer.
- Hope International Development Agency UK: Goal of 250,000 miles to cover flights for a teacher to return to Zala Dola, Ethiopia, where the teacher initiated a fundraiser to construct a water system for the community. The teacher will be returning to see the finished product along with four others for the first time.
- The Trotter Project: Goal of 250,000 miles to help support the Trotter Project’s mission to open doors for deserving students through education and mentorship in the global culinary and hospitality industries.
To donate, learn more and to check the status of a charity’s progress visit www.united.com/donate.