Acre & John Elkington | Building Back Better: From Sustainability To The 'Regenerative Economy' Webinar
As the world peeks beyond the COVID-19 crisis and Joe Biden’s administration takes up residence in Washington, D.C., humankind faces an existential challenge:
How do we reignite the global economy while prioritizing infrastructure investments that slow the march of climate change?
On 21st January 2021, we hosted a ‘fireside chat’ to discuss this question with John Elkington, a world authority on corporate responsibility and sustainable capitalism, and the bestselling author of books including “Green Swans: The Coming Boom in Regenerative Capitalism.”
The systems on which we all depend – economic, social, environmental, political – are all struggling and they’re all struggling for the same reason: we’ve ignored them, taken them for granted and haven’t invested in them.
I think the only way you can build resilience over time in all of these different systems is by investing in them, by regenerating them.
- John Elkington, Executive Chairman & Co-Founder at Volans Ventures
- Bold action versus incremental improvements
- What we can learn from feminine leadership
- Why youth activism matters
- The future of education
- Bridging the rural-urban divide
- Harnessing collaboration and collective entrepreneurship
- The digital technology opportunity ... and dilemma
- The spread of Regeneration meme—and implications