Recycled Material, Organic Cotton in Timberland’s Picks for Holiday Gifts
On a mission to increase the use of sustainable materials in its footwear, apparel and accessories, outdoor lifestyle brand Timberland reveals six eco-conscious picks for the 2016 holiday giving season. This collection, designed and manufactured with Timberland’s commitment to the environment in mind, builds on the aggressive environmental product standards the company announced and implemented earlier this year. Timberland Environmental Product Standards (TEPS) are the company’s approach to innovating and operating in a more responsible manner through rigorous targets set for 2020.
“At Timberland, we are Earthkeepers. We’re on a quest to reduce the environmental impact of virtually every product we make,” said Colleen Vien, director of sustainability for Timberland. “This collection is one way we’re making strides in delivering on that mission, so you can feel good about the gifts you give this holiday season."
Check out the roundup of Timberland’s top eco-conscious footwear, apparel and accessories for the holiday season by browsing the list below and clicking through the slideshow.
- Women’s Twist Pom Beanie: An organic, cotton-blend beanie that tops off any look with a fabric blend, which contains at least 50 percent certified organic material, like organic cotton (USDA National Organic Program, or equivalent, certified).
- Men’s Tenmile Waterproof Boot: Timberland’s Tenmile six-inch waterproof leather boots showcase premium leather uppers, and a TimberDry™ eco-conscious waterproof membrane to help keep feet dry, made with 50 percent PET (recycled plastic bottles). These street-ready boots also have durable 15 percent recycled rubber outsoles built for traction.
- Wheelwright Tall Lace-Up Waterproof Boots: Rugged and ready for action: the Wheelwright features a TimberDry™ eco-conscious waterproof membrane made from 50 percent recycled plastic bottles for the perfect blend of fashion and function – no matter the weather. 100 percent organic cotton laces and up to 34 percent recycled rubber outsoles extend responsibility down to the last piece of this boot.
- Atlantic Heights Chelsea Boot: This classic chelsea boot style gets a modern update with Suspension Heel Technology for added comfort and shock absorption, while the stacked heels are super-sturdy for all-day wear. The boots’ breathable linings are made from 50 percent PET (recycled plastic bottles) and its durable 15 percent recycled rubber lug outsoles are built for traction.
- Men’s Heritage Nubuck Gloves: These rugged nubuck leather gloves were made with only two things in mind: keeping hands warm and consideration for the environment. The leather is sourced from a tannery earning a silver rating from the Leather Working Group for following environmental best practices and performance in all areas of leather production, from chemical and water management to energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, waste management and hide traceability.
- Men’s Tenon Leather Bomber Jacket: Timberland’s Tenon bomber jacket is made with Italian leather sourced from tannery earning a gold rating from the Leather Working Group for following environmental best practices and performance in all areas of leather production, from chemical and water management to energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, waste management and hide traceability.