The sgENGAGE Podcast Episode 115: Getting Creative on #GivingTuesday
December 3, 2019 marks the 8th annual #GivingTuesday. It has grown every year since its inception and become an important part of the end-of-year giving season. But with so many different organizations taking notice of the success and participating, it’s important to find a way for your organization to stand out.
Joining host Rachel Hutchisson on the podcast today is Jennifer Dunworth, director of development for the Maryland SPCA, who shares the background on the creative campaign her organization used last year that helped them raise $41,000… $11,000 more than their goal! Listen in to hear what Jennifer has to say about preparing your organization for #GivingTuesday, engaging and exciting your donors, and managing the creative process from idea to execution.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What the Maryland SPCA did last year for #GivingTuesday that gained so much attention
- Being creative and effective in your #GivingTuesday campaign
- Most important steps when preparing a #GivingTuesday campaign
- Keys to getting donors excited
- How encouraging early engagement factored into the overall year-end giving campaign
- Lessons from last year’s campaign that can be applied in the future
- The difficulty of being distinctive