The sgENGAGE Podcast Episode 124: Making Pro-Bono Volunteering Work for Your Organization
Pro-bono volunteering can be a strategic resource for social change, benefitting companies, social good organizations and individuals. But what makes pro-bono relationships work for all partners, and how can your company or social good organization set up a pro bono program that has an impact?
In today’s episode, recorded live at bbcon 2019, we explore the construct of successful pro-bono partnerships. Danielle Holly, CEO of Common Impact, joined host Rachel Hutchisson to talk about how organizations can make pro-bono volunteering work. Listen in to hear Danielle’s insights on the benefits of pro-bono, what organizations need to be thinking about when shaping a pro-bono program, and how to measure the success of a pro-bono partnership from both sides of the partnership.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How pro-bono can be a strategic resource for social change
- Shaping pro-bono partnerships
- Pro-bono volunteer tools for nonprofits
- The benefits of pro-bono for companies and employees
- Finding the right connections between companies and nonprofits
- Why it’s important to avoid pro-bono partnerships that are poor fits
- How to lay the groundwork at the beginning of a successful engagement
- How to measure success on both sides
- Examples of companies that successfully plan pro-bono projects