Webinar: How Can Governments Attract Private Investment for the Green Energy Transition?
The world is not on track to avoid the catastrophic impacts of climate change. With 2030 just a decade away, governments are under pressure to speed up the clean energy transition.
The good news is that: a) technologies and capital are available to accelerate the green energy transition, and b) the private sector is ready to invest billions of green dollars into decarbonization and clean energy.
But how can governments provide the institutional and regulatory frameworks that make it attractive for private companies and investors to invest in and deploy the needed solutions and technologies to accelerate the clean energy transition?
WRI, in partnership with leading clean energy company Ørsted, is working on new research (to be published in 2021) to identify concrete steps for governments across the world to address selected barriers to unlock private investment, de-risk decarbonization and get the world to a clean and prosperous future. Join us for a digital dialogue with representatives from global governments and the private sector as we explore these solutions.
- Jakob Askou Bøss, Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Stakeholder Relations, Ørsted
- Doreen Harris, Acting President and CEO, NYSERDA
- Eng. Isaac Kiva, Secretary for Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- TBC, Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
- Jennifer Layke, Global Director, Energy Program, World Resources Institute (moderator)