Best Practice - Autumn 2015 Issue
The Autumn 2015 issue of Best Practice features a collection of CSR and sustainability case studies from groups across the globe. Read more about these innovative initiatives.
- Spending valuable time on financial education: With the increasing pace of all things digital where payments these days can be simply ‘tap and go’, Visa Europe believes equipping young people with a sound financial education and entrepreneurial skills is as fundamental as teaching 1,2,3.
- Making a date for behaviour change: With missed appointments being one of the scourges of the NHS, Pfizer’s work in trying to tackle the problem is just what the doctor ordered.
- Building a better future for children in Sierra Leone: What started for CBRE, the world’s largest commercial real estate company, as the focus for its Europe, Middle East and Africa business community investment programme, has turned into a full and wide ranging commitment to changing the life chances of children, particularly girls, now dealing with the consequences of Ebola.
- Taking a singular approach to CSR: Providing breakfast is so much more than just selling cereal for Kellogg, it’s about donating 1bn servings of cereal and snacks to those in need, by the end of 2016, as part of the company’s global flagship CSR programme, Breakfasts for Better Days.
- Digging deep to ensure a greener legacy: The mining industry is heading towards a more sustainable future where a holistic approach to mine development is key to achieving a balance between strong financial returns and corporate social responsibility. At Goldcorp, sustainability is no longer a compliance issue, it’s a proactive approach to the way it does business.
- How to create board-level volunteering opportunities: Step on Board, a partnership between NCVO (the National Council for Voluntary Organisations) and Trustees Unlimited is a comprehensive and tailor-made volunteering programme that connects business leaders with communities by training and placing skilled professionals onto charity boards.
For more information on how your organization can be featured in an upcoming issue of Best Practice, click here.
For previous issues of Best Practice, click here.