BlackRock, JP Morgan, J&J on ESG Going Mainstream: Briefing
November 12, 2019 /3BL Media/ - The economist Milton Friedman famously said that “the social responsibility of business is to increase its profits”. Nearly 50 years since Friedman introduced his theory change is now afoot. ESG information on companies is being utilised as a guide to the movement of capital. ESG is becoming mainstream.
To help you understand the shift and what it means to you, we’ve just produced a 15-page management briefing on ESG going mainstream, with insights from the likes of; BlackRock, JP Morgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, Morgan Stanley and the Governor of the Bank of England.
Key learnings include:
- The changing expectations of business: Larry Fink, CEO, Blackrock
- ESG as a guide to the movement of capital with State Street Global Advisors
- Extreme weather spurring companies and investors to act: Governor of the Bank of England
- Defining your transition and physical financial risks
- Adapt or die: Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment
Tel: +44 (0) 207 375 7188