ReportAlert.info - CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) Publishes 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
June 25, 2014 /3BL Media/ - CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) announces the release of its 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report detailing the company’s environmental, safety, and social performance. The full report provides a review of the business and details the company’s successes as well as its commitments moving forward across sustainability, corporate citizenship, governance and more.
CSX is dedicated to promoting safety, protecting the environment and engaging with local communities, and this report is a reflection of those commitments. The full PDF report, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) index and web-based highlights can be found on the company’s microsite, www.CSXCSR.com, which highlights CSX’s sustainability efforts.
The fourth edition of CSX’s CSR report outlines key achievements in 2013, including:
- Remaining the nation’s safest railroad, with the lowest rates of employee injuries in 2013.
- Achieving our most fuel efficient year ever – CSX can move a ton of freight 470 miles on a single gallon of fuel;
- Progress toward our goal to reduce the company’s greenhouse gas emissions intensity between 6 and 8 percent from 2011 levels by 2020;
- Providing $16 million in corporate giving to communities and logged more than 25,000 hours of employee volunteer time.
- Hiring more than 2,300 employees, about 30 percent of whom are military veterans.
The CSR report provides a holistic look at CSX in 2013 and will allow the company to further engage in important conversations with all stakeholders to improve its sustainability and corporate social responsibility efforts.
CSX’s 2013 CSR report was prepared in accordance with the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets. For more information about CSX please visit www.csx.com.