SAI is Hiring!
March 11, 2015 /3BL Media/ - Social Accountability International (SAI) advances human rights at work, driven by diverse perspectives to navigate evolving labor issues. We design and implement innovative processes that empower and inspire stakeholders and facilitate partnerships.
SAI is a leader in implementation: documenting social accountability standards, delivering practical tools and building capacity for organizations to implement such standards. SAI develops partnerships to train workers, managers, auditors, government agency staff and NGOs, using key tools such as the SA8000 Standard, on-line Social Fingerprint, handbooks for implementation of UN and IFC principles, corporate membership and a variety of professional development courses such as building worker-manager teams, professional development for auditors, and advanced capacity development for facility and supply chain managers. SAI Corporate Members include Gucci, HP, Walt Disney Company, Tchibo, Timberland, Otto and Eileen Fisher. Its work is funded by the US, Dutch, German and UK government aid agencies, by fees for training courses and member services, by foundations and individuals, and by companies seeking ethical working conditions in their supply chains.
Accountant Job Description
Reporting directly to the CFO, the position is responsible for accounting functions up through G/L and Balance Sheet, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing, processing and recording Payables, Receivables, Cash Receipts, and Cash Disbursements
- Bank Deposits
- Processing and recording customer credit card payments
- Monthly closings
- Key involvement with annual audit preparation and process
- Other account analysis, research and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Core Competencies
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s level education with major/concentration in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a professional office setting
- Grants experience a strong plus
- Quickbooks, Dovico (or similar timesheet/expense/project management software), Intermediate-advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) required
- Strong organizational skills with ability to create and enhance systems and processes
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines, maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, team-orientation and a willingness to experiment, keen attention to detail and time management
- Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results
- Passion for our mission
Start Date: Immediate
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST include job title in the subject line of their email submission. Please no phone calls.
The position is at SAI Headquarters in New York City. Compensation commensurate with experience and appropriate for a charitable organization of SAI’s size. Excellent benefits package. SAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.