Booz Allen Extends Its Commitment to Those Who Serve as a Salesforce Military Alliance Partner
To accelerate the interviewing and hiring of veterans and military spouses across the United States, veteran-founded Booz Allen has joined the Salesforce Military Alliance.
Through the program, military service members and their spouses get free, self-paced technical training via Trailhead, Salesforce’s online learning platform, and Salesforce partners and customers commit to conducting job interviews for all participants who complete the training program.
The overall goal: Help the military community build high-demand tech skills while providing partners with a diverse, trained talent pipeline.
Joining forces for those who serve
“We’re proud to become a Salesforce Military Alliance partner,” said Booz Allen Executive Vice President Richard Crowe, noting that Booz Allen is hiring Salesforce developers and administers in various roles and locations. “This partnership will drive tangible opportunity for military community job seekers and bring military talent into the Fourth Industrial Revolution,” he said.
As a Salesforce Military Alliance partner, Booz Allen joins companies including Amazon, Dell, and Prudential in nationwide support of the military community.
“At Salesforce, we are committed to investing in the workforce of the future,” said Adrienne Sherk, senior manager of Salesforce Military Partners. “The Salesforce Military Alliance is a natural extension of our workforce development program, focused on creating a larger movement that drives additional companies to hire military service members, veterans, and spouses.”
Expanding support for veterans and military spouses
The Salesforce Military Alliance is just one of Booz Allen’s many initiatives to help veterans and military spouses build in-demand skills and connect with career opportunities. The firm is also:
- A founding sponsor of USO-Metro’s Project Next S.T.E.P., which helps transitioning service members prepare for technical professions.
- A leader in military spouse employment, receiving the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Employment Award for support of military spouses.
- A partner with Operation Code, FourBlock, LaunchCode, and Hiring Our Heroes to help members of the military choose a career in STEM and prepare for the job-seeking experience.
- Using its data science and machine intelligence capabilities to work with nonprofits like Blue Star Families to understand why families serve, and why they may choose to leave.
- A partner with the Elizabeth Dole Foundation to create a first-of-its-kind data analysis project and developed a data-driven digital tool called the Community Caregiver Map. Built on Booz Allen’s EpiMaps platform, the Community Caregiver Map is a flexible and scalable solution that helps identify population density of military caregivers.
# # #