NN Group Publishes Its 2017 Annual Report
NN Group is pleased to announce the publication of our 2017 Annual Report. It consists of two components – the Annual Review and Financial Report – providing an overview of our strategy and performance.
NN Group's purpose is to help people secure their financial futures. By understanding the global trends society faces and the impact these developments may have on our customers and on our business, NN Group can contribute to a healthy economy and a stable society.
Climate change is one of the developments the world is facing, and NN Group is committed to playing a role in addressing the risks and opportunities involved. We endorsed the recommendations of the Financial Stability Board's Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and made steps to integrate them in our reporting.
Performance highlights in 2017
- Successfully completed the acquisition of Delta Lloyd and started the integration in the Netherlands and Belgium, creating a leading insurance and pension company with attractive propositions in asset management and banking
- Healthy operating result ongoing business of EUR 1,586 million and a good net result of EUR 2,110 million
- Robust Solvency II and cash capital positions were maintained at 199% and EUR 1,434 million respectively
- Relational Net Promoter Score of +17 points, outperforming the market average
- EUR 10.9 billion Assets under Management in SRI funds and mandates, an increase of 114% compared to 2016
- 32% women in senior management positions, meeting our 2020 target (30%)
- 66% employee engagement as seen in our Yearly Engagement Survey (YES)
- 37,208 young people reached in 2017 through NN Future Matters. Since the start of our global community investment programme in 2015, we have reached out to nearly 74,000 youths, bringing us closer to our goal of positively impacting the futures of 100,000 young people by 2020.
- EUR 2.4 million donations to charitable organisations by NN Future Matters and Delta Lloyd Foundation joining forces to increase our communities' financial well-being
- Decrease of 10.5% in CO2 emissions/FTE, and operating 100% carbon neutral by purchasing voluntary carbon credits (Gold Standard)
Throughout the report, NN Group underlines the solid foundation on which we continually deliver on our strategy and foster a diverse, values-driven and innovative business culture aimed at long-term value creation for our stakeholders.