Tupperware Brands Releases 2019 Sustainability Report, Nurturing a Better Future
Tupperware Brands Corporation (NYSE: TUP), the leading global marketer of premium, innovative products across multiple brands and categories, today released the 2019 Sustainability Report, the ninth report for the Company. The report details the Company’s continued investment in environmental improvements as part of its No Time to Waste® strategy and shows a renewed resolution to solve for social and environmental concerns through a focus on product innovation, minimizing waste and supporting thriving communities.
Tupperware’s report, Nurturing a Better Future, divides the company’s efforts into three strategic pillars: Focus on the Environment, Focus on our Societies and Focus on Governance. Within each pillar, the Company reports on progress and impact made in the past year and the potential opportunities for future positive impact. Some key highlights of the report include:
No Time to Waste: Tupperware Brands recognizes the role it must play in contributing to a prosperous future. The Company’s No Time To Waste® vision, developed in 2019, outlines its commitment to significantly reduce waste at every step of the lifecycle of its product. Key progress against goals include:
- 50% of production plants became zero waste to landfill, which demonstrated significant progress towards the Company’s goal for 100% zero waste to landfill production plants by 2025.
- Continued progress to reduce energy consumption, GhG emissions, water and total waste withdrawal.
- Introduction of ECO+, Tupperware products derived from material that is made from recycled, renewable or sustainably sourced content. Tupperware has also committed to expanding the ECO+ line and testing new innovations such as bio-based material.
Tupperware in the Community: Tupperware’s business model was built on the power of communities and strong social networks. The first Tupperware Parties in 1949 were centered on the power of community to learn, share and support one another. Today, with a footprint in communities around the world Tupperware continues to contribute by providing an entrepreneurship platform for individuals so they can gain skills and earn a meaningful livelihood. Key highlights include:
- Tupperware provided support to World Central Kitchen’s disaster relief efforts following the devastating impact of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. Tupperware also established a free store of select reusable containers for WCK teams to use as part of their on-the-ground meal distribution efforts.
- In the U.S. and Canada, Tupperware rallied around the mission to support access to clean drinkable water hygiene and sanitation in developing countries with a Buy One, Give One campaign to raise awareness and action in honor of World Water Day 2019. In total, Tupperware donated 43,000 reusable drinking items to the Clean the World Foundation.
This report has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards 2016, Core option, applying the reporting principles for defining report content and for report quality as defined in GRI Standard 101: Foundation 2016. In addition, for the first time, Tupperware has reported in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Standard for the Containers; Packaging Industry in the Resource Transformation Sector.
The full report is available at https://www.tupperwarebrands.com/csr/sustainability/social-impact-reports
About Tupperware Brands Corporation
Tupperware Brands Corporation (NYSE: TUP) is a leading global consumer products company that designs innovative, functional and environmentally responsible products that people love and trust. Founded in 1946, Tupperware’s signature container created the modern food storage category that revolutionized the way the world stores, serves and prepares food. Today, this iconic brand has more than 8,500 functional design and utility patents for solution-oriented kitchen and home products. With a purpose to nurture a better future, Tupperware® products are an alternative to single-use items. The Company distributes its products into nearly 80 countries primarily through independent representatives around the world. For more information, visit Tupperwarebrands.com or follow Tupperware on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Media: Cameron Klaus, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407.371.9784
Investors: Jane Garrard, email@example.com, 407.826.4475