Yum!'s 2014 CSR Report Launches: Focuses on Building Three Iconic Brands People Trust and Champion
Yum!’s 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, which highlights our performance and progress across focus areas of food, people, environment and community, has been released online.
“CSR is at the heart of how we are growing our three iconic brands,” said Greg Creed, CEO, Yum! Brands, Inc. “I’m proud of the progress we’re making on our journey and we are going to get better and more courageous every day at delivering on the high quality, high integrity commitments our consumers and stakeholders care about most in our food, people, communities and environment.”
- By the end of 2015, we will reach our goal of having 15 percent of our meals at one third of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) in each country where we operate.
- Each of our brands have introduced products that are lower in calories and fat, such as KFC’s Kentucky Grilled Chicken, Pizza Hut’s Skinny Pies and Gluten-Free Pizzas and Taco Bell’s Fresco Menu featuring six items that are each under 350 calories and 10 grams of fat.
- We are actively reducing sodium across our menus globally.
- We were recognized as one of the 2014 Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders® in North America for our comprehensive leadership development programs and practices.
- Our Chief People Officer Anne Byerlein was named one of Forbes’ Top 10 Chief Human Resources Officers.
- Through Yum! University, our worldwide learning and development platform, associates have completed over 35 million online courses since 2012. We had a record in May 2014 with nearly 1.4 million course completions.
- Our Andy Pearson Scholarship Program has awarded 2,500 scholarships and nearly $6 million in grants to associates since 2003 in the U.S. In 2014, we awarded 230 scholarships for $537,500.
- Since 2007, our World Hunger Relief program, the world’s largest private sector hunger relief effort in partnership with the U.N. World Food Programme and other hunger relief agencies, has raised and donated more than $600 million in cash and food donations providing 2.4 billion meals.
- Each year, our restaurants donate more than 10 million pounds of food through our food donation program, Harvest, to partner agencies in the U.S. In total, we have contributed 173 million pounds of food to over 3,000 nonprofit organizations.
- By the end of 2015, all of our new company-owned stores will be LEED certifiable.
- We are on target to reduce energy consumption in our company-owned restaurants 15 percent by the end of 2015. We have eliminated the release of almost 1.2 million metric tons of CO2 since 2009, the equivalent to removing 225,000 cars off the road.
- We have committed to source 100 percent of our palm oil for cooking oil from responsible and sustainable sources by the end of 2017.