CSR Job Posting: Social Certification Client Coordinator at SAAS Accreditation
Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS) is an independent agency overseeing workplace audits about social issues. It accredits and monitors third party certifiers operating certification programs to social standards, including the Social Accountability 8000 standard for ethical working conditions. In 1997, SAAS began work as a department of Social Accountability 8000 standard (SA8000®); it was established as an independent not-for-profit organization in 2007.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Social Certification Client Coordinator manages the oversight, scheduling, and reporting for SAAS and supervision of accredited Certification Bodies as they audit to SA8000®, the BSCI code and other systems. The Coordinator also monitors, analyzes and reports assessment trends, data, and projections for internal and public use.
The primary responsibilities of the Client Coordinator include:
• Manage and schedule assessments of accredited certification bodies.
• Follow up on post-audit activity including tracking and disseminating audit reports and monitoring non-conformities.
• Correspond and communicate with certification body clients concerning assessments and other matters.
• Maintain information about accredited certification bodies.
• Data analysis and preparation of reports related to audit activity.
• Recruit, train, prepare and manage auditing staff and contractors.
• Plan and coordinate logistics for SAAS events, meetings and trainings.
• Prepare financial information, invoices, billing and related follow up.
• Assist with special projects, research, correspondence, travel arrangements and reporting for Executive Director.
• Minimum B.A. in relevant field.
• Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and social compliance standards.
• Minimum two years’ work in office environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Intermediate-advanced knowledge of MS Office.
• Experience with databases and web-based tools.
• Experience with scheduling.
• Strong research and writing ability.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Ability to think critically and devise creative and effective solutions to problems.
• Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the philosophy and understanding of corporate social responsibility, labor issues, social audits, certification and accreditation systems. Candidate must be capable of maintaining a high volume of work spread across a variety of systems and processes. As time management is vital, organizational skills must be exceptional. The ability to adapt to changing environments and think creatively about ways to adapt and improve existing management systems and organizational tools will aid this candidate well.
Candidate should also be able to appreciate and engage effectively with a diverse range of personalities, cultures, and working styles amongst other individuals involved in accreditation and certification scheme management. A balance of ability to understand and enforce requirements while having sensitivity to client needs is of great importance.
SAAS, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to developing an enthusiastic and diverse work force. SAAS offers a competitive salary and generous benefits.
Please send resume, short writing sample and a cover letter describing yourself and your interest in this specific position to email@example.com and reference “Social Certification Client Coordinator” or fax to 212-684-1515. No phone calls, please. No applications will be considered without a relevant cover letter.