mBlog: Mobilize Your Holiday Giving with 7 Steps to Creative Holiday Giving Campaigns
Why use mobile for the holiday giving season? Donors who first give in December have a 3-year cumulative value that is 51.8% higher than donors who start giving in January through November*. Now imagine if they were giving via mobile too. With a 97% open rate of text messages, I’d say there is a natural fit for SMS (text) into your holiday giving season campaign.
The key to mobilizing your holiday giving via SMS is integration. This is also true for your year-round SMS campaigns. Mobile is not an island and certainly does not work as an island. Even the Senior Manager of CRM at Coca-Cola preaches this philosophy. Now that we understand the value of mobile and the importance of integration, let’s take a look at 7 steps to creative execution of mobile holiday giving campaigns.
7 Steps to Creative Holiday Giving Campaigns:
1. Build & Utilize Your Mobile Community: Don’t have a volunteer opt-in list? Build one today by contacting your Account Manager at CS@mGive.com.
2. Integrate Your Call-to-Action: Build your call-to-action into all of your holiday marketing collateral, especially if targeting “digital natives” in the Millennial Generation.
3. Connect With Your Supporters: Consider putting mGive’s mRaiser tool to work to empower volunteers to utilize peer-to-peer mobile fundraising.
4. Promote Non-Monetary Messages: Reduce donation fatigue by sending non-monetary messages, such as updates on how donations have helped a project succeed.
5. Enlist Corporate Partners: Ask your corporate partner to match all holiday funds – this is a great incentive for your supporters to donate.
6. Keep It Fun & Easy: Utilize your mGive tools, such as the Facebook App, Flash Donation widget & QR Code creator to make mobile more enjoyable.
7. Keep It Personal & Relevant: Try sending a message, such as, “Thanks for being a mobile member! Join us on Facebook to share your story or ways you can help.”
mGive’s mobile knowledge is a great gift to your organization – anytime of year. Make sure to contact your mGive Account Manager at CS@mGive.com. They’re excited to help integrate mobile into your holiday giving season, especially since all clients are receiving the Gift of Gab, beginning December 1st.
The Gift of Gab is coming to you in the sum of 50,000 free outbound text messages, available for use through the end of December 2011. Not sure how to use up all 50,000 free outbound messages? Seeing that it’s better to mGive than it is to receive, consider signing up for November’s webinars: The mGiving Season (Part 2) & “How to Give (SMS) Thanks.”
*According to The Online Giving Study conducted by Network for Good and TrueSense Marketing.
–– Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology. You may manage your subscription options from your profile.