CSR Education: CSR Asia and AIT Launch New Master's Degree
CSR Asia in conjunction with the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) have joined hands to launch a new Master's degree program. The course will start from September 2011 and will be offered in modular format targeted at busy working professionals wanting to know more about CSR.
The course is designed to build the capacity needed to ensure that businesses are better prepared to manage global sustainability challenges. According to CSR Asia's press release, "The program is a timely initiative that will help meet the capacity gap within firms and other organizations to deliver on CSR programs that meet business needs for long-term competitiveness whilst contributing to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region."
The MCSR degree comprises eight intensive four-day taught modules, an action research based project and a special study project. The program is accessible to professionals from across Asia-Pacific and will be based on an interactive format.
All modules can also be taken as individual training courses in their own right. They cover the following topics:
- Environmental Management and Climate Change
- Value Chain Risk Management
- Community Investment and Development
- Development, Poverty Alleviation and Social Business
- Corporate Governance, Fair Operating Practices and Government Relations
- Business and Human Rights
- Human Resource Management, Diversity and Inclusion
- Business Strategy and Social Responsibility