HP is Reinventing Print Sustainability
Our pledge is that printing will be forest positive, printers and their energy will be carbon neutral, and all printer materials will put
safety first and support a circular economy.
HP has launched a partnership with ELLE Magazine to deliver the world’s first sustainably printed fashion magazine. The cover was printed on 100% post-consumer waste paper stock. The interior pages on 30%. Both are FSC certified. Short-run of 400 issues was created exclusively for attendees of the Conservation International Gala in June 2019.
In 2018, first half of 2019 HP Print:
- Announced bold vision for print sustainability – pledging to make printing with HP forest positive, carbon neutral, and part of a circular economy
- Forest positive printing – achieved zero deforestation associated with HP brand paper
- Carbon neutral printing – reduced energy consumption and emissions with more energy efficient products
- Transition to a circular economy – used less materials in products and incorporated more recycled content
- Health and safety – delivered innovations that provide health and safety benefits