Common Impact Connections Newsletter: Pro Bono Week Edition
Pro Bono Week Delivers $1.1M to Nonprofits!
We celebrated Pro Bono Week by convening 900 corporate volunteers and 156 nonprofits in 18 locations to join forces on flash consulting projects spanning technology, marketing, communications, human resources and operations. Our skilled volunteers delivered over $1,150,000 in pro bono services to nonprofits across the U.S. Thank you to our corporate and nonprofit partners for making Pro Bono Week 2019 such a success!
We're pleased to share that we've brought on two new Associate Consultants, Alyson Trotman and Christina Harris. Interested in joining our growing team? We're currently seeking new board members and a Technology & Operations Manager.
Interested in learning more about what's going on behind the scenes at Common Impact?
- Citywide Initiatives: From homelessness in San Francisco to food deserts in Baltimore to natural disasters in Texas, we’re seeing public, nonprofit and private sector actors unite behind a common mission.
- Issue Area Focus: Companies are more willing than ever to take a stand on complex social issues - and they're thinking more systemically about leveraging the expertise of their employees to address concerns like natural and man-made disaster resiliency.
- Scaling for Nonprofits: As pro bono expands in popularity across the globe, it’s ever more critical that social change organizations know how to leverage it – know when they’re ready for it, know what they need and know how to say “no” if it’s not the right fit.
New Pro Bono Perspectives Podcast Episodes
- TOMS Chief Giving Officer Amy Smith shares about the brand's gun violence prevention work and new approach to corporate activism.
- New York Cares Executive Director Gary Bagley provides insights into local volunteerism trends and how his organization is breaking down barriers to service.
- Board of Directors: As part of its expansion efforts, Common Impact is looking to grow its Board of Directors by identifying candidates that will support the organization in broadening its thinking and networks as it embarks on its next phase. The Board of Directors works closely with the CEO to set the vision for the organization and develop strategies to realize its mission. For details on the role and how to apply, see the position description here.
- Technology & Operations Manager: Common Impact seeks a Technology & Operations Manager to support the daily operations of the organization and apply a strategic technology and operational lens to facilitating cross-sector partnerships and bringing Common Impact’s operations to scale. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for an early career professional with a mix of operations and technical skills to join Common Impact’s talented team and expand a proven model of social impact. For details on the role and how to apply, visit our careers page.
- Making Good Happen at Work with Harvard Pilgrim: Our second annual Making Good Happen at Work event brought together corporate service and giving leaders for an interactive conversation on how to effectively manage community programs and collaborate with social impact organizations.
- 3BL Forum - Brands Taking Stands: Over 90 CSR professionals and nonprofit experts - including our own CEO, Danielle Holly - spoke at this corporate activism-focused event covering a wide range of topics including sustainability, transparency, employee engagement, DEI and how Gen Z is changing the way companies respond to social issues and market to their consumers.
- NationSwell Summit (Nov. 7): Say hello when you see us at this year's event encouraging attendees to "reimagine a more just, inclusive, and caring society."
- BSR Conference (Nov. 12-14): Look out for us at this year's BSR Conference, "The New Climate for Business," which will explore topics at the intersection of business, social good and sustainability.
- Corporate Philanthropy and Social Impact Conference (Dec. 5): Join us at this Conference Board event on engaging employees, serving society and measuring outcomes.
Check out our full newsletter to stay up to date with the latest and greatest at Common Impact!