eBay Celebrates Giving Tuesday With an Incredible Selection of Items and Experiences
December 4, 2019 /3BL Media/ - Beginning today through December 12th, eBay for Charity’s Giving Tuesday campaign kicks off with exclusive, one-of-a-kind fashion, sporting and music items plus VIP experiences. Only available on eBay, all proceeds will benefit a number of charitable organizations.
Shoppers can visit ebay.com/GivingTuesday and give back to their favorite causes by shopping hundreds of unique items and experiences including tickets to next year’s GRAMMY awards, a first edition of ‘I am Malala’, Anna Wintour “AWOK” Air Jordan’s, a guitar signed by the Jonas Brothers, a signed Kacey Musgrave microphone and a copy of Dungeons and Dragons: Dragon Magazine Volume 1. This year’s Giving Tuesday campaign will be supporting a variety of charity organizations including MusiCares, The V Foundation, The Tony Hawk Foundation, The Malala Fund, Extra Life and more.
Charitable giving on the platform is on the rise. To date, eBay for Charity has more than 83,500 global charities registered on platform – up 26% year-over-year – and is enabling $211 every minute in charity funding by eBay buyers and sellers, an increase of almost 10% compared to last year. Through eBay for Charity, 100 percent of funds raised go back to the intended nonprofits.
“We know consumers are increasingly shopping with purpose and for this holiday season, we’re excited to be offering an incredible selection of must-have items and experiences that will make great gifts for everyone on your list,” said Brenda Halkias, General Manager, eBay for Charity. “eBay for Charity provides an opportunity to support causes that you care about! And, in addition to buying or bidding on an item, we have a lot of different ways for buyers, sellers and charities to get involved this Giving Tuesday.”
eBay for Charity’s Giving Tuesday items and experiences include:
GRAMMY Holidays to support MusiCares & The GRAMMY Museum
- 62nd GRAMMY ® Awards Platinum Tickets + After-Party Passes + Hotel For Two
- 62nd GRAMMY® Awards VIP Seat Filler Experience for Two (2) + Hotel
- Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood & More Signed Epiphone Guitar
- Jonas Brothers Signed Gibson Melody Maker Guitar + Gig Bag
- Kacey Musgraves Signed Shure SM58 Microphone
- Sam Smith Signed & Framed "Stay With Me" Sheet Music
ESPN Kicks Beat Cancer benefitting The V Foundation
- Magic Johnson Signed Converse
- Anna Wintour Air Jordan III "AWOK" with signed box
- Alex Morgan Signed Phantom Venom Nike Grip Shoes
- Kim Kardashian West Signed Yeezys
Tony Hawk Foundation Auction
- Star Wars Celebration 2015 items, Chewbacca #1-5, + Photo signed by Peter Mayhew
- Custom One-of-a-Kind Nixon Watch Made from Tony Hawk's Skateboard Ltd. Edition
- Autographed Tony Hawk Dynacraft Park Series 720 Boys BMX Freestyle Bike 24"
- Cal Ripken Jr. Signed Batting Helmet Baseball Hall of Fame Baltimore Orioles
- Autographed Signed Team USA soccer jersey by legend Mia Hamm
Plus much, much more
- Signed, leather-bound first edition of 'I am Malala' — number 7 of 10 benefitting The Malala Fund
- Dungeons & Dragons: 18" Belaphoss Statue – Extra Life
- 2 Tickets to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at NBC Studios in New York City benefitting The Sag Harbor Cinema Restoration Project
- 2 Tickets to The Chainsmokers’ show in Vegas benefitting YES - Youth Emerging Stronger
- Lunch with Queen Sugar star, Bianca Lawson in Los Angeles benefitting The Innocent Project
In addition to the exclusive items and experiences from celebrities and athletes, there are many other ways to give back and shop with purpose this holiday season through eBay for Charity:
- Buy a Gift That Gives Back and support favorite causes with symbolic gifts ranging from $10 to $100. Causes included in the program: the fight against cancer, animal protection and services, child welfare, disaster relief, poverty and hunger relief
- Buyers can give a donation at checkout
- Sellers can donate a portion of their sales
- Purchase one of the millions of charity listings on ebay.com/charityshop every day (when shopping on eBay look for the gold and blue charity ribbon for items that benefit charity)
Other eBay for Charity markets are also celebrating Giving Tuesday with unique auctions and initiatives including:
- eBay UK will donate 5p from every transaction on 12/3 to The Prince’s Trust
- eBay Italy has partnered with Associazione Italiana di Fundraising to sell some of their unique Giving Tuesday merchandise through their eBay store
- eBay Spain has unveiled an art auction with art created by international artists Margarita Gil Granero, Alvar Suñol, Pujol Boira and Robert Vandereycken, in collaboration with The Josep Carreras Foundation
- eBay Germany has partnered with Obdachslosenfest to auction unique items including a signed guitar from Tim Bendzko and a signed shield from the movie “Sissi und die wilden Kaiser“,signed by Bully Herbig. In addition, if any shopper buys something warm such as a hat, gloves or sleeping bag, €1 euro will be donated to Bahnhofsmission.