Tetra Pak Supports Local COVID-19 Relief Efforts
DENTON, Texas , September 3, 2020 /3BL Media/ - Tetra Pak recently awarded $275,000 to organizations supporting COVID-19 relief efforts in many of the U.S. communities where the company operates. These donations are part of the $734,000 earmarked for the U.S. from Tetra Laval’s larger €10 million global pledge announced earlier this summer.
Tetra Pak’s U.S. employees were given the opportunity to nominate organizations that are fighting the effects of COVID-19 through food or healthcare efforts within their local areas.
“Tetra Pak is proud to support organizations that are working hard in the fight against COVID-19,” said Jeff Fielkow, president and CEO of Tetra Pak U.S. and Canada. “These donations are of special significance as they are going towards organizations nominated by our own employees and will be making a meaningful impact on the various communities in which we live and serve.”
After vetting nominations to ensure donation requirements were met, 17 organizations across eight U.S. cities with Tetra Pak facilities received a portion of these funds.
- Chicago Community COVID-19 Response Fund - Illinois
- Humanity First USA - Illinois
- Lakeview Pantry - Illinois
- Northern Illinois Food Bank - Illinois
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital Foundation - Minnesota
- Greater Twin Cities United Way - Minnesota
- Southeast Missouri Food Bank - Missouri
- Allen Community Outreach - Texas
- GENYOUth - Texas
- Health Services of North Texas - Texas
- Metrocrest Services - Texas
- North Texas Food Bank - Texas
- Parkland Hospital - Texas
- Roanoke Food Pantry - Texas
- Louisa County Resource Council - Virginia
- Clark County Food Bank - Washington
- The River Food Pantry - Wisconsin
Earlier this summer, the company announced three nationwide recipients who also received a portion of these earmarked funds.
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is a world leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative, and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 160 countries. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business.
Our promise, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapakusa.com and on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Angela Peterson, Communications Manager