Tetra Pak's 2020 Sustainability Report Highlights Commitment to Food, People and Futures
August 18, 2020 /3BL Media/ - Tetra Pak published its 2020 Sustainability Report, celebrating the many ways the company has worked to protect food, people and futures in the past year. An annual tradition since 1999, this year's report is especially poignant in the midst of a global pandemic, while the world's focus on planet and the environment is being challenged.
"The pandemic has changed how we live and work, giving even deeper meaning to our promise to protect what's good," said Jeff Fielkow, President and CEO, Tetra Pak U.S. and Canada. "Now more than ever, we remain steadfast in our commitment to protect food, protect people and protect the future of the planet."
Tetra Pak's approach to sustainability encompasses the entire value chain — including environmental, social and economic challenges.
- Continuing to ensure food safety and help customers maintain uninterrupted food supplies during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Working alongside our customers worldwide to feed millions of children through school feeding programs and boost milk supply from smallholder farmers through our Dairy Hubs.
- Pioneering Bonsucro Chain of Custody certification for plant-based polymers, a food and beverage industry first, that ensures full traceability.
- For the fourth year in a row, made CDP's A List for leading efforts against climate change and protecting forests.
- Educating consumers as well as food and beverage industry professionals about innovations in sustainability.
- Helping customers meet their sustainability goals through increased use of plant-based caps made from renewable sugarcane.
- Upgrading the Denton, Texas Pilot Plant to reduce its environmental impact and better serve customers as they test products before going to market.
- Investing in employee wellbeing, including offering resources, at-home activities and seminars during the pandemic.
Looking forward, Tetra Pak has set an ambitious new climate goal. In June 2020, the company announced a commitment to reach net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in its operations by 2030, with the ambition to achieve net zero GHG emissions for the value chain by 2050.
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is a world leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 160 countries. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business.
Our promise, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to commit to making food safe and available, everywhere.
More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapak.com